CEREC – Same-Day Crowns North Miami Beach
Among the high-tech instruments that Dr. Alvarez uses to restore damaged teeth is the CEREC* system. This system uses CAD/CAM technology, integration of a camera, computer and a milling machine. The CEREC* system enables ceramic tooth restorations to be performed chair side. The ceramic restoration is manufactured right in the office while the patient waits – eliminating the need for temporary crowns and a second appointment. CEREC* restorations are extremely accurate, very durable, and made with tooth-colored ceramic. The procedure allows Dr. Alvarez to treat patients more conservatively, (than modern bonding techniques) allowing healthier tooth structure to be saved.
Advantages of CEREC* Restorations include:
- Ceramic restorations done same-day. Multiple visits not required
- No need for impression and send it to a lab
- Ceramic properties and bonding technique eliminate sensitivity problams
- Restorations are ceramics not composite plastic fillings
- The ceramic material is very strong, anti-abrasive, and plaque-resistant
- Extremely high-quality restoration helps protect natural teeth
- Very precise process ensures ideal fit of restoration
No gagging and mo messy impression material with our Itero digital impression unit. Learn more below.
Precision milling of permanent crowns, veneers, and bridges with our Versamill milling unit. Learn more below.